The teaching model will be based on “Training future leaders in Gerontology and Geriatrics”
Worldwide professors of:
- Geriatric Medicine and other medical specialities already involved in the development of the IAGG Master Classes on Ageing
- Other experts in various gerontological disciplines: Demography, Dentistry, Economy, Engineering, Ethics, Nursing, Nutrition, Pharmacy, Psychology, Rehabilitation, Sociology etc.
- Highly experienced health professionals engaged in community care and hospital management of older people
- Health care policy makers etc.
Worldwide trainees and attendees
Each one-hour session includes:
- A short introduction by the President of the regional Academy
- A 20-minute key lecture by an expert in Gerontology or Geriatric medicine
- A 10-minute complementary or controversial case report by a Trainee (health care professional or MD)
- A 20-minute discussion between the experts and the trainees
- Short take-home message by the President of the regional Academy
- A mandatory CME quiz to test the knowledge acquired by the Trainees (organized after each session)
- Overall evaluation of the session for the trainees and attendees